Sunday 10 October 2010

No Junk Food

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! SOMETHING CONSTITUTING A NORMAL BLOG WARNING!!!

Yesterday, I found myself having to wander a reasonable stretch to our nearest ASDA superstore, for 'some bits' as they say in the common vernacular, this is the term given to the light falsly-economic shop that the 21st Century has given a ceaserian section to... the poncy language is to somehow alleviate what is going to be one of those 'health'-blogs that are rather fashionable - the irony that endless typing at a laptop is surely does not aid 'ealf.... Anyswayze to cut a long story mediocre... I promised myself a little reward for this journey, a resultant BIG MAC! - It was to be my undoing... as when I wolfed down this double pattied , drippy yellow-sauced, corrogated gherkined sliced bunned monstrosity, that within minutes I started feeling quote unquote 'peculiar'. 

         Now, I have had McDonalds and other Fast Food type place foods on a million other occasions; to think how much money I have spent; usually it's KFC and Subway; perhaps they have more nutritional value than Maccie Dee's but I am not in the business of food snobbery (secretly slighty, but that's just personal guilt) it's just 'feeling sick after', on loads of occasions I've greedily laid out and consumed bargain buckets, three double cheese-burgers, 2 whole dominator meatball explosion dominoes pizza... and the idea of that melted cheese and garlic sauce makes me salivate - but just in the way nicotene and caffeine used to make my synapses twinkle, I do 'feel' sick and wrong and ill when I consume these things - it is a bit of a self-delusion that you 'enjoy' most of this stuff - ciggies do enhance pleasure receptors slightly but only for the next fix - and salt and sugar highs are temporary we know, we know... but it's the bottom line of THINKING ITS BAD FOR YOU AND DOING IT COZ YOU LIKE IT, and actually it FEELS SICK-MAKING; and the penny dropped yesterday - I felt grumpy, sicky and frustrated; I felt wrong. 
         
      And it wasn't until I had a walk, a couple of actimels and a banana that balance was restored. As I said before I gave up caffeine, I had done it before by just having 1 coffee a day in the morning, that seemed okay, but then became 3,2,4 etc. but by replacing coffee with decaff - MIRACULOUS! - substitution is the king, I must say; that's been a real boon - so 1 coffee here and there is okay, but I have really not bothered, I just don't like it, - and it really was something I used to have ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME! - I don't even like it that much, even though I always insist on 'going for coffee'.... 


So now I am looking for an alternative to 'snacking out' or 'lazy food' because I am perfectly happy with salad's and prawn cocktails or some weird egg/caper thing - mmmmm, what it is - and silly as it is, all that junk means to me is QUANTITY, I think I am getting more (even though I am not reaaalllly) - and that's why the bulky savoury wins out.... egads! What's a boy to do! 


        Well the eclectic of tastes and a willingness to ingest just about anything may prove to be a bonus, and perhaps the task of eating in new and outre places - something new on the menu may stop this - although it's become rather sparse with the lack of monies so I needn't worry too much....


Right off to heat up the left-over chiniese from last night........mmmmm....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment